Channel memberships is an additional revenue stream for YouTube creators that allows viewers to contribute a monthly payment in exchange for members-only perks (i.e. badges, emoji, and other goods). In order to activate Channel Memberships on your channel, you must meet these eligibility requirements:
- Your channel must have more than 1,000 subscribers
- Your channel is in the YouTube Partner Program
- You're over 18 years old
- You're in one of the available locations.
- Your channel has a Community tab
- Your channel is not set as made for kids
- Your channel does not have a significant number of ineligible videos
- Videos set as made for kids, or videos with music claims are considered ineligible
- You are complying with our terms and policies
For your audience, exclusive perks and features depend on their level of membership. Options can be determined by you!
To enable this feature, please see this YouTube Help article for further instruction. It's important to note that when you join a network, you will have to re-enable your Channel Memberships following the same steps.