VISO Catalyst for Chrome gives you automated and intelligent insights that work in real time to help you improve your YouTube video titles, descriptions, and tags as you upload. It also includes a state of the art thumbnail editor to add backgrounds, text and graphics to customize it and fit your style.
Add it now and grow your audience on YouTube
- Find VISO Catalyst in the Chrome Web Store.
- Select Add to Chrome.
- Click Add extension in the pop up window.
- Get started with the VISO Catalyst for Chrome extension by clicking on theicon.
VISO Catalyst for Chrome can also be added via the VISO Catalyst Website.
FAQ and Tips
What to do with the VISO Catalyst icon in Chrome?
The menu icon gives you quick access to:
Where is the 'Optimize' tab?
- Upon installation, the Optimize tab is automatically included into your upload view.
- Additionally, the tab can be identified by the icon.
Why do I get a prompt that asks me to connect my channel to VISO Catalyst?
- On your first use, you get this prompt to allow the extension to work with your channel.
- The extension also checks if your channel is partnered with BBTV. If not, you will be redirected to learn more about our network.
What do the stars next to each field mean?
The stars rate the contents in each field based on how discoverable they are. These optimizations on your titles, descriptions and tags can improve your videos presence on YouTube search results.
How do I add all tags?
After creating the title and description for your video:
- Navigate to the ‘tags’ section.
- Enter your custom tags.
- You can add our ‘recommended’ tags for your video from the right hand pane.
- You can click the ADD ALL button in the upper right hand side to include all the tags from our recommended section.
- We have differentiated these tags from your custom tags by placing a ‘—’next to each one.
Why is there a language drop-down when I’m typing my title?
If you are a multilingual creator, we advise that you select the language of your title. VISO Catalyst for Chrome can then provide optimized suggestions native to the terms you enter.
Where is the 'Create Thumbnail' tab?
- Upon installation, the Create Thumbnail tab is automatically included into your upload view.
- Additionally, the tab can be identified by the icon in the top menu of the Edit video page next to the Subtitles icon.
How do I upload a custom thumbnail?
- Drag and drop the image into the designated space.
- Click on the designated space to open a Finder/Explorer window.
Can I download my custom thumbnail?
Yes! After you have uploaded a thumbnail and made your modifications:
- Click the icon in the lower right hand side of the Thumbnail Editor
- Hit the Download Thumbnail button to save a local copy of your final image.
How do I undo recent changes to my thumbnail?
Made a mistake while editing your thumbnail? No problem:
- Click Undo in the lower right-hand side of the Thumbnail Editor.
Can I take a webcam photo to use as a thumbnail?
- Click the + function in the Photo Editor.
- Select Webcam.
- Chrome will request access to your webcam. Allow.
How do I remove the thumbnail and all modifications?
If you wish start over:
- Click the + function under the Thumbnail Editor.
- Select Remove All.
Just keep in mind that you can't undo this change if you choose this option.
Can I make edits to the thumbnail I just made?
- At the moment you can't edit an existing thumbnail within the Thumbnail Editor.
- If you want to edit a thumbnail you have made, you can download the image as outlined above and modify it in an image editing software such as Photoshop.
What formats are supported by the Thumbnail Editor?
- We currently support the following formats: .JPG, .GIF, .BMP, and .PNG.
- We suggest using a 16:9 aspect ratio. (Otherwise, you will see black bars above and below your thumbnail.)
- The best resolution to aim for is 1280 x 720 (640 x 480 minimum).
More tips for the Optimize tab
Social sharing, setting videos as private and adding them to playlists
- Go to the Optimize tab.
- On the right hand side of the pane, click the drop-down list labeled Public / Playlist.
- You can set your video to Public, Private, Unlisted or Scheduled.
- You can share the video upon release via Twitter and/or Google+.
- You can add your video to a Playlist.
Why can't I connect my account?
- Make sure that you are signing into the correct channel.
- If you have multiple channels, verify which account(s) are partnered with BBTV.
- You can only connect to those ones that are linked under the BroadbandTV network.
Disabling VISO Catalyst for Chrome
How do I disable or remove VISO Catalyst for Chrome?
- Right-click on the icon in the upper right side of Chrome's toolbar.
- In the emerging menu, select Remove from Chrome.
Let us know what you think!
To send us feedback about VISO Catalyst for Chrome, please click the ‘Feedback’ link placed below the VISO Catalyst logo on the left hand side of the screen. You can also send us an email at email@example.com.