- Create a long strong password. Use letters (uppercase and lowercase), numbers, and symbols in your password.
- Do not give anyone your password. If you have given someone your password change it as soon as possible!
- Update your browser and OS as soon as they become available. Do not cancel updates. Do not turn off your automatic updates. Download and install updates for your computer as soon as you are alerted.
- Make sure you have an active antivirus on your computer at all times. Scan your computer for viruses regularly.
- Clear your cache and browsing history regularly.
- Finally, make sure you enable Google's 2-step verification.