If you have never edited your YouTube channel URL, you are using the standard URL given by YouTube. The standard URL uses your unique channel ID.
This is what a standard URL looks like:
Set up a custom URL
A custom URL is shorter than your standard URL and is easy to remember. The custom URL can be shared with your audience and can be based for example on your display name or your YouTube username.
To be eligible for a custom URL your account needs to meet these requirements:
- Have 100 subscribers or more
- Be at least 30 days old
- Have uploaded a photo as a channel icon
- Have uploaded a channel art
Steps to set up your custom URL
- Sign in to YouTube
- Go to your Advanced Account Settings
- Under your account settings, you will see a link next to “You’re eligible for a custom URL”, if your channel is eligible
- The “Get a custom URL” box will show all custom URLs that your channel has been approved for
- Click “Change URL”
IMPORTANT: You can't change your custom URL after you create it, so make sure that everything is correct.