If you have never edited your YouTube channel URL, you are using the standard URL given by YouTube. The standard URL uses your unique channel ID.
This is what a standard URL looks like:
What is a Custom URL?
A custom URL is shorter than your standard URL and is easy to remember. The custom URL can be shared with your audience and can be based on something personalized to you (i.e display name, username, etc). Once you select a custom URL, it cannot be changed!
To be eligible for a custom URL your account needs to meet these requirements:
- Have 100 subscribers or more
- Be at least 30 days old
- Have uploaded a photo as a channel icon
- Have uploaded a channel art
How to Set Up Your Custom URL
- Sign in to YouTube
- Go to your Advanced Account Settings
- Under "Channel settings" select the link next to “You’re eligible for a custom URL” (note: you'll only see this link if your channel meets the above requirements and is eligible)
- You'll see a "Get a custom URL" box where the custom URL(s) you've been approved for will appear (note: although you cannot change the part in the grey box, you can add a few letters or numbers to make the URL special to you)
- Click “Change URL”
IMPORTANT: You can't change your custom URL after you create it, so make sure that everything is correct